Last updated: may 7, 2018
- “App” means the “Face Data” iPhone software application.
- “Usage Information” means information about your usage in the Apps.
- “Browsing Information” means information about your use of the Website, or your computer’s (or other access device, such as an iPad or smartphone) interaction with the Website. Browsing Information also includes certain of the information described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below. In general, Tangible Play does not use Browsing Information to identify you, but such information may be paired with Personal Information, or with other information that together, could be used to identify you. Additionally, third parties, such as analytics companies and advertising service providers may access, collect, store, and use Browsing Information, and they may use it to identify you.
- “Personal Information” means information that directly identifies you, or that can directly identify you, such as your shipping and/or billing address, e-mail address, phone number, and/or credit card information.
The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide. We don’t collect personal information such as name or email address, or require you to establish an account to use the Application. We will receive your email address and any other personal information you provide if you choose to send us a customer service-related request.
- Information We Receive When You Use the Service.
- Log Data. When you use our services, our servers automatically record certain information from your device. This “log data” may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, details of how you use our Service, such as the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, the time spent on those pages, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. If you are eligible to receive push notifications and sign up for them, Face Data will use your location (country) to send you push notifications in a language appropriate to that location.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Service. This may include sending “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your device for record-keeping purposes.
- You may be required to provide your log-in credentials for each Integrated Service. We don’t collect those credentials; rather, they are stored locally on your device where we can’t see them.
- We do not collect the videos you create, although we may view them if you mark them public on your social networking service.
- In-App Purchases. “The Face Data App” allows for in-app purchases of various features. We do not collect credit card information or other personal information for these purchases. Rather, the purchase is made through your app store account using the credit card associated with your account. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of such app stores.
How We Use The Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance, provide, and personalize all features of the Service and to provide services and information that you request.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users; to improve the Service; and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, such as responding to questions and other to provide support to users. If you choose to email us, we use your email address only to respond to your inquiry. We will also send you push notifications if you choose to receive them. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications from us, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device you use.
- We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
When We Disclose Information.
We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Sharing data from “Face Mocap App” with Other Users. We dont collect any information from the usser, so we dont share any information .
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, such as to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We share this information subject to appropriate privacy and security measures.
- Integrated Services. If you connect the Application to an Integrated Service, we will not share information with the Integrated Service including photos, videos, messages, ‘Like’ selections, or other information you have affirmatively chosen to share via that service. We do not automatically send photos or videos to any Integrated Service without your direct consent.
- Other Sharing. In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- to respond to legal process (e.g. a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to take precautions against liability or investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to protect the safety of any person; to protect our rights and property, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions; and to address fraud, security or technical issues;
- We may also share your information in the manner disclosed to at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Service from children under 13, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We may display links or content that links to third party websites and services. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations, we will provide a more prominent notice. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
“Face Mocap App” does not collect, use, disclosure, share or retain users’ face data.
The “Face Mocap App” does not save any user information. We do not record or use any personal information. As we do not save any data of the user, we do not share it with third parties and we do not use them for commercial purposes
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.